Tuesday 6 March 2012

Photo Shoot Edits

For the following images I have adjusted the lighting levels which adjusts the brightness and contrast.


This is one of my favourite images because the couple look happy - they are looking at each in the eye and smiling which is the atmosphere that I wanted to achieve in my images.



This is a close up of the couple's faces. To improve, I would have liked the actors to be looking more happy as they look a bit like they're just looking into space. I didn't get many close up images and this was the best one I managed to capture.




I like the location in this image - the couple look like they are in a romantic place and are enjoying watching the sunset. They are cuddled up and are looking comfortable.



I like the fact that you can see some bridge and sand in the background to show they are at a romantic location which helps set the scene.


This is my best portrait image. I wish the actors were looking happier, as they look quite sad. The lighting also isn't great but this was because I was using the video camera to take this image, rather than a normal camera so I wasn't able to adjust any settings.

The next edits are a bit more interesting as I have added layers, borders and lighting affects.

This affect was to add more light in certain areas of the image but I don't like the result as it clearly looks constructed. I thought I would upload it anyway to show development.

Here, I have added lighting in the top left corner with bursts of sunrays shining down which help create a happy and sunny atmosphere. On the day of shooting, it was quite a dreary day so it is nice to be able to use this editing technique in order to make the day look sunnier.

Here I have used a oval fade border but I think it crops out too much of the actors' faces.


Here I have layered two different images, just to see the affect it gives but I don't actually think it works with these two particular images. The top layer has a lower opacity in order to bring the bottom layer through.

No comments:

Post a Comment