Thursday 29 September 2011

Advanced Production Opening Statement

- How will planning, process and constructed be recorded and constantly evaluated?
I will be bringing together a focus group and creating a questionnair for them to fill out which will work towards the planning process of my products.

- The audience: identified how? The appeal will be...
My audience is females at 12+ who like romance and relationships. These will be identified by making sure all of the features in my products appeal to this type of audience. I will make sure of this by using a focus group.

- Which media will link to the main task and how.
Film media will link to my main task. Also, publishing media links to my teaser trailer aswell because it may be given film reviews published in magazines and newspapers.

- Why this area?
I chose this area because I wanted to do something a little different from my AS project. Last year I did print coursework, so this year I wanted to combine print and film which is why I chose to produce a trailer with a poster and magazine cover. I chose this genre because it is my favourite genre to watch in terms of movies, and not many media studies students create romantic trailers. Horror always seems to be the most popular.

- First 5 steps and why?
1) Decide on the storyline of my teaser trailer so that I know what to work around when casting and choosing locations.
2) Draw/produce anamatics. These are equivelent to a storyboard which will help me plan what my teaser trailer is going to look like.
3) Choose how many actors are needed and have auditions for this - they must be genuinely serious about acting as romances can sometimes not be taken seriously. This will enable me to start filming the trailer as soon as possible.
4)Choose where the trailer will be shot in terms of location. Also think about setting, costume, hair and makeup, script, camera angles etc. This will also enable me to start shooting as soon as possible.
5) Get filming!


According to this website, the earliest romance film ever was the 20-second long "The May Irwin Kiss" by Thomas Edison. It was the most popular Edison Vitascope film of 1896.

No comments:

Post a Comment